Monday, September 21, 2009

Extension


First impressions: Sometimes that Unabomber thing just goes too far.

Squaring it: Extending the extension, ever so slightly.

There's never enough storage space. I am currently extending my shop (itself an extension of the cabin), so I can get a place to stack up a whole lot of firewood which I can then retrieve during winter in a leisurely way while still in my slippers.
This is one of those little things I've learned up here. Comfort is, to no small extent, about minimizing the number of times you have to put on your boots each day.
I am also planning to work more from home, so I will have to eat humble pie and drag my gas generator up here. And this is where I'll put it.
I bought the generator some years ago, and then, without ever having used it, promptly lent it to a friend who needed it more than I did. Now he's moving to town, so it's my turn to rack up my CO2 score. Some people build designated, sound proofed generator shacks, but I can't see myself using it all that much. The intricacies of hauling gas up here will keep use down.

No comments: