Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dog man walking

Now that I have a borrowed dog I have a chance to participate in that odd, but in many ways charming, pastime of walking a dog in an urban area.

Above is a sign I have not seen before: "Use your head, or better yet, use a poop bag!" I use a bag in populated areas, of course. I am not an orc.

In the forest I would often come across small plastic bags with dog poop. So conditioned have dog owners become to this practice, they scoop up the poop even miles away from anyone. After a while some of them seem to have become disgusted with carrying it around without a garbage bin in sight, and have just left their bag on the ground. As if someone else would pick it up.

These people vote.

Here's a pleasant little sight. Someone (the one behind this) knitted cosies for these rails. How nice is that.

2 comments:

Johann Rissik said...

"These people vote." I think that's part of the problem.

Northmark said...

Johann,
Sigh. True.
Occasionally I see people being considerate to strangers, though. Try to remind myself of those instances.