Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hear No Evil

Grab those harnesses and the dogs just loose it. Running is what they live for, along with pissing, fucking, fighting and eating, of course, and just the thought of shooting down the trail sets them off like crazy.
Some savant mushers actually manage to teach their dogs to keep cool. And believe me, I've tried. I've had some success, but not much. Not enough to save my hearing.
So now I've started to wear these babies, ear mufflers to protect my precious hearing. As I hardly ever go to concerts I am one of very few in my age group who is not severely impaired in the hearing department. So far. For let me tell you, if you bend down to hook a dog up to the sled line and the mutt in question decides to voice his excitement half an inch from the side of your head, you might as well live right next to the loudspeakers at a marathon concert with the Who.
The mufflers make me look like a complete dork, I guess. But they help me in acting and behaving in a more laid-back manner. Maybe it'll rub off.

No comments: